10 Reasons to Work From Home
Today, the office in Duck HQ is very quiet. It is usually quieter on a Friday as many of our staff work part-time and take Friday as their day off, but today it is quieter than usual. Why? Because two members of staff are working from home today.
I am always stunned at the reluctance some companies have about allowing their staff to work from home. I hear concerns voiced such as “but they won’t be able to concentrate” and “we can’t get hold of them as easily”. In Puddle Ducks we have found that an easy balance between working from home and working in the office is ideal and should be encouraged.
Here are our top ten reasons to allow staff to work from home:
- You don’t need to waste time travelling to the office every day
- There’s more room in the office for everyone else!
- Fewer interruptions
- Higher levels of concentration
- You can make confidential phonecalls
- You take control of your home-life (it really doesn’t take long to put the washing machine on and you’re actually in when the postman delivers a signed-for package!)
- Skype is free
- You can wear your slippers and even pyjamas – as long as you don’t use the video conferencing facility!
- You can work flexible hours
- A change is as good as a rest – it can be quite refreshing to spend a day quietly working at home
Posted by Tracy on Friday, 25th November 2011Go back to latest posts
Comments for this post are now closed. Thanks to all who contributed.