Our underwater photoshoots are a firm favourite with many parents. The resulting pictures are often cherished by families for many years after they are taken, taking pride of place on the mantlepiece or in family albums.
These professionally taken photos capture the bubbles, smiles and splashes forever, and can provide happy reminders of your child’s younger years and the fun they had learning to swim.
Take a look at our photo galleries (just below) to see some of our fabulous Puddle Ducks under the water, and to get a feel for what type of photographs you can expect from your little cherub’s shoot.
Underwater Photography Gallery
What happens at an underwater photo session?
- We make the sessions as relaxed and enjoyable as possible.
- We always put the welfare of your little one first, and will not submerge a distressed child.
- You can go in the water with your child, just like in your usual Puddle Ducks class.
- You can have your photo taken under water with your child if you wish.
It's important to note:
- Floaties and Splashers are usually very comfortable during the session.
- Some Kickers and Little Dippers may not enjoy going underwater in front of a camera with teacher they’re not familiar with.
- Dippers and Dabblers usually love swimming under the water towards their parents, although occasionally some do not like the lighting or camera.
Finally, we do our very best to make sure you have a gorgeous photo to take home with you!
N.B. For child protection reasons we don’t allow photographs to be taken during our classes and spectators aren’t allowed to bring cameras or use mobile phones during our swimming lessons.
You’ll know if your child will enjoy an underwater photo shoot if you can answer yes to these questions:
- Have you been coming to Puddle Ducks for at least six weeks?
- Is your child happy being submerged (put underwater)?
- Is your child happy to be handled by a teacher they do not recognise? We can’t always guarantee your child will have their regular teacher present on a photo shoot.
For more information please contact your local office, where a friendly team member will be happy to advise you. Our frequently asked questions section is a great place to find all the answers you need, including information on our children’s swimming programmes and more.
Pool Name: Aqua Nurture, Gee Cross
Venue: Knott Lane Gee Cross Cheshire SK14 5BS
Contact: 0161 883 0222
Pool Name: Portfield School
Venue: Parley Lane Christchurch Dorset BH23 6BP
Contact: 01202 674676
Hampshire & West Sussex
Pool Name: Fire Fighter's Charity
Venue: Marine Court Fitzalan Road Littlehampton West Sussex BN17 5NF
Contact: 07837 715937
Pool Name: Sir Tom Finney School
Venue: Sir Tom Finney Communtiy High School Ribbleton Hall Dr Preston PR2 6EE
Contact: 01772 685052
York, Hull & East Yorkshire
Pool Name: Winifred Holtby Academy
Venue: Midmere Avenue, Leads Road, Kingston Upon Hull HU7 4PW
Contact: 07825 269146
Pool Name: Percy Hedley
Venue: West Lane, Killingworth, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE12 7BH
Contact: 01661 824 191
Pool Name: Seashell Trust Main Pool
Venue: Seashell Trust Stanley Road Cheadle Hulme Cheshire SK8 6RQ
Contact: 01477 410080