All you need to know – Energie Fitness
115 London Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 1EQ
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Energie Fitness – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Energie Fitness
- The closest car park is the King Street short stay car park which is approximately a two-minute walk from Energie Fitness. (The car park at Energie Fitness is not available for Puddle Ducks use unless you are a member of the gym.)
- We ask that you please adhere to social distancing where possible in the car park.
- Only umbrella fold pushchairs allowed - it must be stored in a bin bag during your lesson. (On arrival please fold down your pushchair and place within the bin bag and place it by the window to the left of the main entrance.)
- We are asking all adults to wear a face mask in the pool building and changing areas, but not in the pool itself.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not fully toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 12 months old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has the use of a designated area of the pool during our lessons; the rest of the pool is used by Energie Fitness members.
- Wherever possible you and your child should arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes.
- The changing areas will not be available for use before your lesson. We appreciate that those children still in nappies might need a nappy change just before their lessons. Please take a change mat to the poolside with you and make sure you have nappy bags and another bag in which to put the nappy bag to ensure there is no waste left visible at the poolside.
- Before the lesson, you will be asked to change poolside as changing areas will be reserved for customers changing after their class, so please bring only the essentials with you in one bag as this will be left poolside. For babies, we recommend that you all bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag.
- There are changing areas available for you to use after your lesson; please adhere to social distancing when poolside. (We ask that you use the cleaning products provided to sanitise any changing areas that you use for your safety.)
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing areas and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing, this is so that we have sufficient time to clean between classes. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Although we love having spectators at our classes, at this time we will not able to allow any spectators to attend (this includes siblings, second parents, grandparents etc.).
- All of our classes at this time must be attended by one adult and child only.
- By not allowing spectators we are able to practice social distancing more effectively.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue at key times in the term.
- Pool temperature: 30-31°C. (We recommend that babies under 12 months old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 1.2 metres
- Maximum class ratios:
- 7 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (weekday classes)
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Saturday classes)
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine