All you need to know – Fosse Bank School
Mountains Country House, Noble Tree Road, Hildenborough, Kent, TN11 8ND
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Fosse Bank School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Fosse Bank School
Parking: There is ample free parking in the school car park which is located just past the main school building on the right. Please note - the parking spaces directly in front of the school are for staff only and as such must not be used.
- The pool is situated at the left hand side of the school as you view it from the front. Access is via the black wooden door.
- Pushchairs may be stored outside of the building but there is no covered storage for them so please ensure you bring a rain cover if you bring a pushchair on wet days. If you bring a pushchair please be careful not to block the exit as it is a fire escape.
- Changing rooms are accessed by a flight of stairs so please discuss with us if access may be an issue.
- We recommend that you bring a changing mat with you to the lessons so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool. There is a fresh water shower next to pool; please DO NOT use any soaps, shampoos or shower gels in this shower as it affects the pool's chemical balance.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
Changing rooms: There are separate changing rooms for women and men with benches for convenient baby changing. There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables.
Spectators: Spectators can sit poolside; access is via the changing rooms. Outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool hall.
Photography and Videos:
- You may only take photographs or video footage during ‘splash time’ and must not interfere with the lesson.
- Your child/relative must move to the side of the pool away from the rest of the customers so that they are not visible in the image (including the background).
- Underwater photographs and underwater videos are forbidden.
- Please remain sensitive to the feelings of others and always stop should you be asked to do so.
- The Puddle Ducks teacher or Poolside Assistant working at the venue has the right to view the images taken and delete any taken at the pool: in all instances the decision of the Puddle Ducks team member is final.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 30.5°C – 32°C. We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- Depth: 0.9 metres graduating to 1.2 metres
- Maximum class ratios: 7 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine