All you need to know – Fosse Bank School
Mountains Country House, Noble Tree Road, Hildenborough, Kent, TN11 8ND
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Fosse Bank School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Fosse Bank School
- There is ample free parking in the main school car park which is located just past the main school building on the right. (Please note - the parking spaces directly in front of the school are for staff only and as such must not be used.)
- We ask that you please adhere to social distancing where possible in the car park area.
- The pool is situated at the left-hand side of the school as you view it from the front. Access is via the black wooden door.
- Pushchairs may be stored outside of the building but there is no covered storage for them so please ensure you bring a rain cover if you bring a pushchair on wet days. If you bring a pushchair please be careful not to block the exit as it is a fire escape.
- We are asking all adults to wear a face mask in the pool building and changing areas, but not in the pool itself.
- Changing rooms are accessed by a flight of stairs so please discuss with us if access may be an issue.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not fully toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
- There are separate changing rooms for women and men.
- Wherever possible you and your child should arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes. We appreciate that those children still in nappies might need a nappy change just before their lessons; please do this in the car before entering the building but, if not, please make sure you have nappy bags and another bag in which to put the nappy bag to ensure there is no waste left visible in the pool building.
- Please bring only the essentials with you in one bag as this will be left in the pool hall during your lesson. For babies, we recommend that you all bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag.
- There are changing rooms available for you to use after your lesson. Your poolside assistant will advise you when to enter the changing room so we can ensure social distancing is maintained at all times. (We ask that you use the cleaning products provided to sanitise any changing areas that you use for your safety.)
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing rooms and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing, this is so that we have sufficient time to clean between classes. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Although we love having spectators at our classes, at this time we will not able to allow any spectators to attend (this includes siblings, second parents, grandparents etc.).
- All of our classes at this time must be attended by one adult and child only.
- By not allowing spectators we are able to practice social distancing more effectively.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 30.5°C – 32°C. (We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 0.9 metres graduating to 1.2 metres
- Maximum class ratios: 7 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine