The lovely pool at Bristol’s DW Fitness First health club is warm and inviting, handily situated at Imperial Park with its array of shops and cafés. We offer expert lessons from age six months up to 10 years old here.
- Free parking outside the venue
- Large changing rooms with showers, hairdryers and lockers
- On-site café, plus others around the retail park
- Member discount on our lessons. Call us for more details.
For class times, booking and a location map, click here.
Location: Imperial Park, Hartcliffe Way, Bristol BS13 7TJ
Timetable: DW Classes
Venue website: DW Fitness Bristol
There is ample parking directly outside of the DW Fitness building. Please be aware that there is a four hour parking limit at Imperial Park.
- Please go to Reception when you arrive and tick your name off the Puddle Ducks register. The Receptionist will then let you through the turnstile and into the club.
- You will need a pound coin for the locker which is returnable.
- You are welcome to bring pushchairs and car seats into the club but please ensure you leave them in the designated area of the café and do not bring them into the changing rooms. Thank you.
- There are no nappy bins at this venue so please take your nappy home with you.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or an environmentally friendly NappyWrap & Liner underneath, if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers, or in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. We recommend one of our great value Starter Packs which contain the swim lesson essentials at a fantastic price.
- All Swim Academy children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories in our online shop.
- Our online shop stocks a fantastic kids swimwear collection plus super useful bags, towels, changing mats and much, much more!
- You can find lots of additional useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
There are two large changing rooms (one for men and another for women) with showers and lockers. We recommend you bring your child’s towel poolside so you can wrap them up after class. There is a family changing room accessible from both the male and female changing rooms with a travel cot. If you have a school-aged child we recommend they change in the family changing room. At eight years old children must change in the same-sex changing room.
Puddle Ducks has a roped-off section of the pool. DW members may use the pool and jacuzzi during our classes.
There is a "no spectator" rule at this pool for all our Baby and Toddler swimming classes. For Swim Academy, please see our Poolside Assistant to book your place on the spectator rota; places are limited to two per session.
- Pool temperature: 30°C.
- Poolside assistant: During Swim Academy classes only.
- Depth: 1.2m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs : 1 teacher (Baby and Preschool classes)
- 8 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy Level 1 and 2)
- 8 children: 1 teachers (Swim Academy Level 3)
- 8-10 children: 1 teacher (Swim Academy Level 5 and 6)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
Hengrove Play Park has got to be one of the best parks in Bristol. There is climbing, water and sand, as well as the usual slides and swings. There is no charge and it’s about a 2 minute drive away from DW Fitness (Hengrove Way, BS14 0HR).