All you need to know – The Grand Hotel
Broad Street, Bristol BS1 2EL
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at The Grand Hotel in central Bristol – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful.
Location: The Grand Hotel
Parking: There is an NCP car park next to The Grand Hotel. To find it, drive down Broad Street, turn right immediately after the hotel, take a ticket and park your car. Puddle Ducks customers receive a 50% parking discount.
- The health club is in the building next to the main hotel and can’t be reached via the main hotel entrance. Press the intercom to gain access to the health club.
- You are very welcome to bring pushchairs and car seats to the pool. there is a lift for access. Please leave them in the club foyer as space is limited in the changing rooms. Thank you.
- Spectators are very welcome on poolside.
- There are no nappy bins at this venue so please take your nappy home with you.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
Changing rooms: There are two large changing areas, one male and one female, both with showers. Please bring your child’s towel poolside so you can wrap them up after class.
Baby feeding room: There is a private room available just by the reception area for baby feeding, if you wish.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or an environmentally friendly NappyWrap & Liner underneath, if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers, or in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. We recommend one of our great value Starter Packs which contain the swim lesson essentials at a fantastic price.
- All Swim Academy children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories in our online shop.
- Our online shop stocks a fantastic kids swimwear collection plus super useful bags, towels, changing mats and much, much more!
- You can find lots of additional useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the swimming pool.
Access: The Health Club is in the building next to the main hotel and can’t be reached via the main hotel entrance. Press the intercom to gain access to the health club. If you have parked in the NCP car park, take the lift to the basement level which leads to the health club.
- Pool temperature: 30-31°C.
- Poolside assistant: There isn’t a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant at this venue.
- Depth: 1.35m (there is a minimum parent height of 5’2”)
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs : 1 teacher (Baby and Preschool classes)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
The hotel restaurant is an ideal place to have a hot or cold drink and a snack or lunch with your swimming friends.
There’s so many cafés and restaurants to choose from in central Bristol. Why not take a stroll into St Nicholas Market or take a picnic to Castle Park. There is a Farmers Market every Wednesday and Friday Food Market just around the corner on Corn Street.
If you need to contact us, here’s your local Puddle Ducks office details:
Call us on 0117 9717165
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org