All you need to know – Harry's Hydro
Nunney Road, Frome, BA11 4LB
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Harry's Hydro Pool in Somerset – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful.
Ample free parking on site.
- Spectators are very welcome on poolside.
- There are no nappy bins so please take your nappy home with you.
- No food is permitted inside the building, and only water is permitted to drink. Please consume juice or other drinks elsewhere.
- Harry’s Hydro has strict rules to ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained for all users:
- Please do not apply body creams to you or your child before coming swimming (including barrier creams) as they make the water murky. There is a strict no talcum powder rule at Harry’s Hydro.
- All visitors must leave their shoes in the entrance hall, or bring a carrier bag and hang shoes up on the pegs in the changing areas.
There are ample changing facilities for men and women, although as there are no benches, you may wish to bring a mat for your baby.
There is a large disabled changing room. Lockers are also available. Please bring your child’s towel poolside so you can wrap them up after class.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or an environmentally friendly NappyWrap & Liner underneath, if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers, or in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. We recommend one of our great value Starter Packs which contain the swim lesson essentials at a fantastic price.
- All Swim Academy children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories in our online shop.
- Our online shop stocks a fantastic kids swimwear collection plus super useful bags, towels, changing mats and much, much more!
- You can find lots of additional useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during lessons.
Coming from the centre of Frome, drive up Nunney Road through a residential area until you see yellow lines on the road. The road narrows and the yellow lines become more evident. At the end of these lines, turn right into the car park for Critchill School and Trinity School. Straight ahead you will see a double garage. The entry to the hydrotherapy car park is between the garage and the main school building on the left. It is marked 'Private' on the tarmac. Please drive into the car park and the hydrotherapy building is the wooden structure on your left.
- Pool temperature: Between 33 - 35°C.
- Poolside assistant: There is Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant at this venue.
- Depth: 1 metre at shallow end, with a graded slope to 1.3 metres.
- Maximum class ratios: 6 children/adult pairs : 1 teacher