All you need to know – Winterbourne International Academy
17 High Street, Winterbourne, South Gloucestershire BS36 1JJ
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Winterbourne International Academy in South Gloucestershire – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Winterbourne International Academy
Parking: The swimming pool is in the Academy Sports Village where this is a large free car park, and overflow car park.
- Spectators are very welcome on poolside.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
- There are no nappy bins at this venue so please take your nappy home with you.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
Changing rooms: There are two large changing areas, one male and one female, both with showers. Please bring your child’s towel poolside so you can wrap them up after class.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the swimming pool.
Access: The swimming pool is located in the Academy Sports Village accessible from Flaxpits Lane. Please note that the swimming pool can’t be accessed from the main school entrance. From here, turn left and then take the first left turn onto Flaxpits Lane. Drive past the rank of shops and you’ll see the entrance to the Sports Village on the left hand side. Once you’ve parked your car, walk into the Sports Village and turn left past the Reception and the swimming pool entrance is on your left.
- Pool temperature: 30°C.
- Poolside assistant: There isn’t a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant at this venue.
- Depth: 0.9m to 2.99m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 10 children/adult pairs : 1 teacher (Baby and Preschool classes)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Old Down Country Park is three miles away where you’ll find their Barn Café. Here you can relax in the daytime with cup of fair trade coffee or a pot of tea and homemade cake next to the log burners or on the sofas. A perfect place to relax with the family. They are very happy for you to take along your own picnic and if it’s raining you can sit in the yurt.
There’s so much more to see and do at Old Down Country Park including the children’s adventure park, farm shop, pets corner and animal park. Well worth dropping by.
If you need to contact us, here’s your local Puddle Ducks office details:
Call us on 0117 9717165
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org