All you need to know about Orpington Hospital Hydrotherapy Pool
Based in Orpington this is a warm Hydrotherapy Pool from which we currently run midweek Baby & Pre-School lessons. Each of our classes are tailored to the individual child's age, confidence and ability. The 30 minute lessons are structured to include a range of swimming activities, songs and games. Our aim is for every child to love swimming, respect the water and swim beautifully.
Location: Orpington Hospital, Sevenoaks Road, Orpington, Kent, BR6 9JU
Directions: From M25 Junction 4 exit the roundabout onto London Orbital Motorway heading to London (S.E.)/Bromley/A21/Orpington/A224
At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Court Road/Orpington By-Pass/A224, turn left onto Warren Road and turn right onto Sevenoaks Road/A223
At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Cardinham Road go over 2 roundabouts Turn right and the hospital is on your left.
When you enter the Hospital, turn right past the reception desk and follow the signs for Hydrotherapy.
Parking: The car park is located in front of the hospital and parking is priced at £1.50 per hour.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool
- All swimmers/parents are asked to shower before entering the pool, there are showers in the changing rooms
- There separate male and female changing facilities with showers. A few changing mats are provided in each changing room by Puddle Ducks.
- There is limited space poolside for family and friends to watch these classes.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Customers will not be let into pool hall until 15 mins before the first lesson of the day and all customers must leave 15 mins after last lesson has finished.
- Pool Temp: 33°C - 35°C.
- Pool Depth: 1.1m to 1.3m
- Pool Dimensions: 6m x 4m
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 7 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
- Poolside Assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant.
- Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.