All you need to know – Stanley School
Greenbank Drive, Pensby, Wirral CH61 5UE
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Stanley School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Stanley School. The school shares the building with Pensby Primary School, so please ensure you follow directions for the Stanley School entrance.
Parking: Free Car park directly outside school reception.
- During weekday classes, please don’t arrive in the car park before 3pm as it clashes with the end of the school day.
- Please ensure you always follow the ones way road system.
- Please DO NOT park in Disabled parking bays (unless you hold a disabled parking badge yourself)
- If the carpark outside Stanley School entrance is full, please park in the Pensby School car park (using the one way system please)
New Car Park Barrier System effective from MONDAY 14TH MAY
- The school have arranged for a ground loop to be put in place at the front barrier. This will make the barrier fully automatic.
- The barrier will be permanently in use and not raised in the afternoons and weekends as may have been the case for some of your lessons in the past.
- To access the site simply approach the barrier slowly and the barrier will raise, like the exit barrier.
- There is now a speed ramp just before the barrier and to the left of the gates signage to inform of the automation times.
- Please note there will be no exit out of the barrier on to Greenbank Drive
- There are two pools here. Puddle Ducks use the Hydrotherapy Pool during the week and on Saturdays, Puddle Ducks use both the Main Pool and Hydrotherapy Pool.
- You will need a key card to access the changing areas, which will be available on the school reception desk
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- Please remove all outdoor shoes in the main corridor before entering the pool area.
- Strictly no food allowed on poolside or in the changing rooms.
- Please take ALL nappies home with you. No nappies can be left on site or within the school grounds which is a specific rule and regulation set by the school.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Spectators: Spectators are allowed.
Changing rooms: Two large changing rooms, clearly signposted for female and male with direct entry to poolside. Please ensure you only use the changing rooms labelled for Puddle Ducks, as there will be another swim school using the other pool during our weekday sessions (in a separate pool room). There are two showers, one for male and one for female.
Photography: It is acceptable to carry phones with you and to take photos in 'Splash Time' however, please take great care not to include other children/parents from the class (unless you have their permission) and do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
- Average Pool temperature: 33°C
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant during weekend classes
- Pool Depth : 1.2m