All you need to know – The Gateway to Wales Hotel
Welsh Road, Flintshire CH5 2HX
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at The Gateway to Wales Hotel– in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: The Gateway to Wales Hotel is just off the A5117 near Queensferry.
Parking: There is a car park at the front and side of the hotel.
- The swimming pool is part of the Hotel’s Health Club. Customers must ensure that their children do not enter the Jacuzzi pool in the pool room
- You will need £1 (returnable) for the men’s lockers
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained, if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQ's page here
Spectators: Spectators are allowed on poolside.
Changing rooms: You will have use of the Club changing facilities and lockers. Showers are in the changing rooms and in the corridor entry to pool.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during hire times.
- Pool temperature: 31°C
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 0.6m graduating to 1.2m
- Max class ratio: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference.
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Wepre Park – Connah’s Quay, Deeside CH5 4HL
Westminster Park – off Hough Lane, Chester CH4 8QJ
The Running Hare, St David’s Park, Ewloe, Deeside CH5 3DT
Halfway House Golftyn, Connah’s Quay - 01244 819013. Beer garden with play area
The Coach & Horses Inn Flint Mountain, Flint - 01352 763766. This friendly little pub serves fresh homemade food, the food is lovely. Children’s menu. The staff are very friendly, there is a safe outdoor play area that is fenced in. You may need to book as it gets very busy.
Other local attractions:
Greenacres Animal Park, Cottage Lane, Mancot, Deeside CH5 2AZ
Wizz Kidz Playcentre, Unit 3a Interlinq Trade Park, Queensferry, North Wales CH5 2DW. 01244 533022. Opening hours: 9.30am – 6.30pm. Admission: Under 12 months free; Under 3 years £2.50 to £3; Over 3 years £3.50 to £5.
Planet Mayhem, Unit 14, Catheralls Ind Est, Brookhill Way, Buckley, Cheshire CH7 3PS. 08454 917123.