All you need to know – Chester University
Parkgate Road Campus, Parkgate Road, Chester CH1 4AR
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Chester University – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Chester University
Parking: Access to the main car park is by the Exton Park entrance. The parking is anywhere within University visitors parking spaces (please do not park in the numbered Fleet car parking spaces). There is a gravel car park opposite the astro football pitches, having turned second left after the main entrance. If you follow the one way system around the perimeter of the campus, there are two large car parks on the left and right. These are usually the car parks with the most space, and involves a short walk to the pool.
- Over shoes must be worn poolside
- The pool hall can be noisy during classes, and the changeover between classes is busy.
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Spectators: Spectators are allowed poolside at Chester University
Changing rooms: Female and male changing areas with benches & hooks for clothes plus lockers with keys. Showers in both. Please do not use the ‘Dry’ changing rooms, only the ‘Poolside’ ones.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.
- Pool temperature: 28-29°C
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 1m gradually sloping to 3.5m
- Max class ratios:
- 8 children:2 teachers in the pool (Beginners and Intermediates)
- 12 children:1 or 2 teachers poolside (Development and Advanced)