All you need to know – Kingsmead School
Bertram Drive, Hoylake, Wirral CH47 0LL
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Kingsmead School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: The pool is part of the Kingsmead School complex. It is in a separate building located on Carlton Lane, off the A553 Birkenhead Road. There is no vehicular access to the pool building or via Carlton Lane.
Parking: There is NO visitor parking at Kingsmead School. Puddle Ducks customers are requested to park on the main A553 Birkenhead Road, or alternatively in the cul de sac (either Sandringham Avenue or Sandringham Close) behind the school, where there is a cut through directly to the pool. The pool building is situated on Carlton Lane, which is off the main Birkenhead Road, however, the only vehicular access permitted on Carlton Lane is for residents. If you bring along your buggy there is a corridor outside the pool where you can leave it.
- Please bring a baby changing mat with you, as the changing rooms do not have any baby changing facilities
- Please note that ladies are to use the ‘boys’ changing rooms as there is more space
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Spectators: Spectators are allowed.
Changing rooms: Two large changing rooms for females and males with direct access to pool. Showers are in both the changing rooms and on exit to poolside. Please ensure that you take all nappies home with you.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.
- Pool temperature: 32°C
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 0.9m graduating to 1.3m
- Max class ratio: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Pre-school classes)