All you need to know – Adelaide Grange
Adelaide Grange (Private House) adjacent to Virgins Alley Lane (please use this road name for Satnav and not the postcode DE6 2DN
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the Adelaide Grange Pool – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
(Private House) adjacent to Virgins Alley Lane (please use this road name for Satnav and not the postcode
Parking: Ample, opposite the pool entrance
- Drive in using the 2nd gate along the road, look out for our Puddle Ducks A Frame
- Park opposite the pool building on the gravel drive way next to the outbuilding
- As you enter the pool hall, please remove your shoes and leave them away from the entrance/exit, Use the 2nd door along on your right to enter the pool hall
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
- Changing rooms: There are two small private changing rooms and 1 shower. Most parents will use the changing mats provided and change babies poolside at the Jacuzzi end of the pool.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire. before and after our sessions start/finish.
Access: Spectators can sit poolside. Seating is provided
Pool temperature: 29-30 Deg C (For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top will be needed)
Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
Depth: 1.3 graduating to 1.8m
Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children & 8 parents :1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers & Dippers)
- Swim Academy Levels 1 & 2 (4:1) 4 children with 1 teacher
- Swim Academy Levels 3 & 4 (6:1) 6 children with 1 teacher
- Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Just head back down the A515 towards Ashbourne and you will see the Fairways Garden Centre on your right, perfect for coffee and cake after your class, hot and cold food, families welcomed. The added bonus of gorgeous cards, gifts and toys too, need we say any more.
Closest soft play
Lunar Lift is on the Airfield Industrial park so head back down the A515 towards Ashbourne, then take the A52 Signposted back towards Derby, at the next roundabout take the 1st left and then the next right into the Industrial Estate . If you aren’t too tired after your swimming class & have energy to burn, this is sure to tire them out !
Great venue for a birthday party too
Other local attractions
Why not visit the nearby Peak Wildlife park to encounter Lemurs, penguins and more with your Puddle Ducks friends on your non swimming day ?