All you need to know – DW Fitness Derby
DW Derby Health Club – Pride Park (opposite the Ipro Stadium) Derby, DE24 8BW
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the DW Derby Pool – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: on Pride Park/Wyvern retail Park off the A52 as you head into Derby from the North
Parking: Please park in the car park in front of the DW Complex building, if you plan to stay longer than 2 hours you will need to enter your details on the Parking Eye (ask at reception)
- Once you have parked your car, through the entrance, all the way to the end of the building keeping to the right, turn left into the health club and check your name off on the register.
- A staff member will provide you with a key card for your locker & direct you to the changing rooms
- The pool is accessed directly from the changing room (please note there is a set of steps leading up to the pool hall) these can be slippery so please take care and fully supervise your toddlers.
- If you are not a DW Member you are not permitted to use the pool before or after your class
- • A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Changing rooms: One large Male and Female changing room each with padded benches, ample lockers, toilets and showers/hairdryers and a travel cot is located in the Disabled changing room too.
Exclusivity: Puddle use a roped off Quadrant during hire. We politely ask that you arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your class and have vacated the changing rooms 15 minutes after your class please.
Access: Sorry spectators are not allowed poolside but can use the small viewing window inside the gym
Pool temperature: 30 Deg C (we recommend a baby wetsuit for babies 12 months and under)
Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Starbucks café is just a short walk away at the opposite end of the Ipro stadium and along this route you will find a Greggs too, there is also a Subway on the right as you exit the DW complex if you fancy some lunch.
Closest soft play
You don’t even have to leave the building there is a soft play on the upper level of the sports complex