All you need to know – Waterhouses Pool
Waterhouses C of E School Pool, Waterfall Lane, Waterhouses, Stoke on Trent, Staffs, ST10 3HT
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the Waterhouses C of E Pool – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Waterhouses Pool, in between Ashbourne and Leek on the A515
Parking: Drive down Waterfall Lane and go past the school, turn left onto Cross Lane at the end of the school grounds, take the top left hand gate entrance past the school playground, park on the gravel section of land (which is right next to the pool) you can then use the side gate to take you directly into the pool building (look out for our A – Frame) remove your shoes in the corridor please.
- Once you have parked your car, enter the school play ground using the gate just in front of the pool
- Please leave shoes in the corridor and not blocking the Fire Exit
- As you enter the pool hall you will find the changing rooms on the right hand side along the wal
- Please shower before entering the pool (there is an additional shower poolside)
- • A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Changing rooms: One Male and Female changing room, toilet and shower in each
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire. We politely ask that you arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your class and have vacated the changing rooms 15 minutes after your class please.
Access: Spectators can sit poolside. Seating is provided
Pool temperature: 29 Degrees C (Babies will need a baby wetsuit and we recommend that Kickers and Little Dippers wear a thermal top, these are available to buy from our online shop under the “Swimear” section)
Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
Depth: 0.9m – 1.8m
Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Lot s of Café’s to choose from in the Beautiful, Historical Ashbourne - h - here are some reviews of the top 5
Closest soft play
Lunar Lift is on the Airfield Industrial park so just turn left as you leave the car park. If you aren’t too tired after your swimming class & have energy to burn, this is sure to tire them out !
Great venue for a birthday party too
Other local attractions
Why not visit the nearby Peak Wildlife park to encounter Lemurs, penguins and more with your Puddle Ducks friends on your non swimming day ?