During the 16th - 22nd October we are holding our Charity Pyjama Week.
Throughout the week we will be teaching invaluable personal survival skills and raising money for Team Verrico, all while having fun!
Thank you to all of our customers who voted for our supported charity this year. To find out a bit more about them click here.
What to wear for Pyjama Week:
- Floaties, Splashers & Kickers: sleepsuits or short or long sleeved pyjamas. Don't forget to wear your usual double swim nappies underneath
- Little Dippers & Dippers: short or long sleeved pyjamas. Don't forget to wear your usual double swim nappies underneath or swimwear if potty trained
- All parents/carers involved in pre-school lessons should wear pyjamas.
A top tip is to bring a plastic carrier bag for all the wet pyjamas as they make bags and towels very wet.
What our Pyjama Week teaches:
- If accidents happen, often it's when fully clothed. We strongly believe it's our duty to ensure that our swimmers know what it feels like to be in water while wearing clothes
- Even just this short experience will help them to realise that even though they feel heavier, they can still do those all-important reactions of kicking to the surface, turning and reaching for the side
- We do all of this while making sure your child has lots of fun!
Raising money for a great cause...
If you haven't already done so, we'd be incredibly grateful if your Puddle Duck could raise sponsorship for Team Verrico. Here's a reminder of how:
- We will ask for voluntary donations of £2 per child to come to class in pyjamas (collected at the pool)
- We'd love your child to collect sponsorship for completing a personal survival lesson plan in their pyjamas - please download a sponsorship form here (Baby and Pre-school or Swim Academy)
- The child who raises the most money wins a prize from Puddle Ducks Head Office!
- You can also donate via our JustGiving page here
Thank you for your support!