During the 15th October to 21st October 2018 we will be holding our charity pyjama week.
Thank you to all of our customers who nominated a local charity that we should support this year. The voting has now closed and we are delighted to announce that we will be raising funds for Firefly Cancer Awareness and Support.
Firefly Cancer Awareness and Support use funds to maintain the Firefly Express vehicles, which provide a free shuttle transport service for patients undergoing cancer treatments at regional cancer centres.
About Pyjama Week:
What to wear:
- Floaties, Splashers & Kickers: sleepsuits or short or long sleeved pyjamas. Don't forget to wear your usual double swim nappies underneath
- Little Dippers & Dippers: short or long sleeved pyjamas. Don't forget to wear your usual double swim nappies underneath or swimwear if potty trained
- All parents/carers involved in pre-school lessons should wear pyjamas.
A top tip is to bring a plastic carrier bag for all the wet pyjamas as they make bags and towels very wet.
What our Pyjama Week teaches:
- If accidents happen, often it's when fully clothed. We strongly believe it's our duty to ensure that our swimmers know what it feels like to be in water while wearing clothes
- Even just this short experience will help them to realise that even though they feel heavier, they can still do those all-important reactions of kicking to the surface, turning and reaching for the side
- We do all of this while making sure your child has lots of fun!
Raising money for a great cause...
We'd be incredibly grateful if your little Puddle Duck could raise sponsorship for Firefly Cancer Awareness and Support. Here's how they could help:
- We will ask for voluntary donations of £1 per child to come to class in pyjamas (collected at the pool)
- We'd love your child to collect sponsorship for completing a personal survival lesson plan in their pyjamas - please download a sponsorship form (Puddle Ducks Sponsor Form / Swim Academy Sponsor Form)
- The child who raises the most money wins a prize from Puddle Ducks Head Office!
- You can also donate via our 'MyDonate' Page here
Thank you for your support!