Baby & Pre-School Lessons Available
All you need to know – Austerfield Private Pool
The Grange, Church Lane, Austerfield, Doncaster, DN10 6QY
What3words Link: https://w3w.co/peroxide.gifts.dumpling
IMPORTANT: Please read this STAYING SAFE AT AUSTERFIELD PRIVATE POOL document and watch the video above BEFORE attending your first lesson. It details all the procedures we have in place at your pool related to staying safe during COVID-19
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at this lovely private pool in Austerfield, Doncaster. In the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Church Lane, Austerfield. It is located just off the main road running through the village (A614) (from A1(M) leave at Blyth and head towards Bawtry on the A614/A638. Go through Bawtry, turn right after the petrol station (located on the left hand side) and Sainsbury's Local (on the right). This is Station Road and it brings you into Austerfield. Soon after the Mayflower pub, look for a phone box opposite KAM (Keith Ashton Memorials) and turn right just before it. Turn into the driveway and drive straight down. The Grange will be straight in front of you through the gates. If you are travelling from Rossington/Auckley/Branton/Haxey/Epworth, the entrance to Church lane is on your left just after the phone box (almost opposite KAM). PLEASE USE THE BLUE DOOR ON THE RIGHT TO ACCESS THE POOL.
Parking: Parking is available on site. Please park considerately to maximise the number of cars that can park at the property.
There is parking available in front of and at the back of the property on the grass.
Please park on the bottom lawn (watch out for mole holes /mud) allowing enough space for other cars to arrive/leave without being blocked in.
On leaving the pool via the conservatory door, please walk through the space that has purple slate chippings on the ground and is flagged on either side by York stone.
The owners do not mind parking on the grass, this is much preferable than parking on the road. PLEASE DO NOT PARK ON THE NARROW ROAD THAT LEADS UP TO THE HOUSE, THIS IS CHURCH LANE AND MUST BE KEPT CLEAR FOR ACCESS BY ANOTHER PROPERTY NEXT DOOR TO THE GRANGE.
- PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A CHLORINE- FREE POOL SO MAY SUIT BABIES AND CHILDREN WITH SKIN SENSITIVE TO CHEMICALS. OXYGEN IS USED TO SANITISE THE POOL INSTEAD OF CHLORINE.
- Please enter via the door to the right of the main private house entrance onto poolside or using the patio doors round the back of the house (walk from the drive round the side of the house and follow the house all the way round).
- Customers and spectators must remove shoes on entering the building
- A MAXIMUM OF TWO SPECTATORS PER CLASS ARE PERMITTED. SPECTATORS FOR THE FOLLOWING WEEK WILL BE BOOKED AT THE POOL
- A well-fitting (tight) neoprene swim nappy or costume – available to purchase from the Puddle Ducks shop, must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath until the child is dry. Why not buy one of our great value Swimming Kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during hire times
Changing Rooms: There is a small changing area poolside with pop up tents for privacy. These will be used AFTER swimming. There are also two further rooms next door to the pool area which will be used for undressing on arrival.
Access: Through the door at the front of the pool onto poolside or round the back through the patio doors.
Showers: Please have a shower at home before coming swimming. This is to try and keep the pool water as clean as possible to avoid excessive use of chemicals.
- Pool temperature: Approx 32 degrees C
- Pool dimensions: 9m x 3.66m
- Depth: 1.2m throughout
- Maximum Class Ratio: 6 Children/Adult pairs:1 teacher
- Poolside Assistant: Yes
Helping you to make your special time last even longer … that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference:
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the classes with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest Cafe and Play Area
Feast, Bawtry- Located at 20 Station Road, Bawtry, DN10 6PT. Yummy lunches, snacks and scrumptious cakes!
Closest Play Park