All you need to know - Doncaster Deaf School
Leger Way, Doncaster, DN2 6AY
We can't wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Doncaster Deaf School - in the meantime, here's some information that we hope you will find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Doncaster Deaf School
Parking: Free and available in the school car park, next to the pool entrance.
- If no parking spaces are available here, please use any available space elsewhere on the Deaf Trust complex. Please park only in marked bays. School and trust staff tend to finish around 1.30pm on a Friday so there should be no problems with finding a space after this time.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing Rooms: There are separate male and female changing rooms, also a separate disabled changing area, which can be used. Changing areas have direct access to the pool. Our classes can be busy and the changing area has limited space so please be courteous to other parents and don’t leave your belongings on seats or beds when you are in the pool. Please be considerate to other users.
Please try not to arrive too early for your class (approx. 15 mins before should be adequate) to help ease any changing room congestion.
Please also try to vacate the changing area as quickly as possible after your class to make room for the next group of parents. Again, please try to change within 15 minutes of your lesson finishing.
A play pen is provided so customers should feel free to use this to keep little ones safe whilst changing.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire.
Access: Via the main pool entrance through the automatic doors. The pool is located on the right hand side of the Deaf Trust complex and is signposted on entry via the main gates (off Leger Way). If doors are locked on arrival, the Poolside Assistant will allow access so please wait a couple of minutes and they will be with you shortly to let you in.
- Pool Temperature: 30- 31 degrees C. The water should be warm enough for most babies, except very young Floaties or children that feel the cold. For these, we recommend the use of a baby warmer.
- Poolside Assistant: There is a poolside assistant at this pool
- Depth: 1m graduating to 1.5m
- Maximum Class Ratios: 7 children/adult pairs: 1 Teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers, so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Sandall Beat Wood Opposite the school, off Leger Way this is an ideal park for cycling, walking, picnics and nature trails, with a great outdoor play area.
Closest Soft play
- Play Zone at The Dome More fun-packed activity, plus a café too.
- Time2Play: This is a lovely soft-play area with everything to keep our little one entertained. It has a great under 5's area too. Use your Puddle Ducks loyalty card to get a 50% discount on entry. See more information in our partner area.
Other Local Attractions
- Depending on the day and time of year, have a look what is happening at Doncaster Racecourse
- Boston Park Farm: The perfect place to enjoy the outdoors, feed the animals, explore the corn maze and enjoy the play areas. There is an inside sandpit and crafts for when it's rainy too! Use your Puddle Ducks loyalty card to get 50% discount on your child's entry. See more information in our partner area.
You might like:
Music Bugs: Interactive, sensory and play-based music classes around Doncaster. See more information in our partner area.