All you need to know – DW Fitness, Selby
Bawtry Road, Selby, YO8 8NA
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at DW Fitness, Selby – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you will find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: DW Fitness, Selby
Parking: Parking is available in the main car park, also used by health club members and users of the retail park. Please do not park in the disabled spaces and take care when walking across the car park to the club.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Please refrain from eating messy snacks in the changing areas so we can keep them as clean as possible.
Changing Rooms: There are spacious ladies and gents changing rooms with some individual cubicles and plenty of lockers (bring £1). Our classes can get busy so please be courteous to other parents and health club members. Please don’t leave your belongings on benches when you are in the pool. Please try and use the lockers. Please try to vacate the changing area as quickly as possible after your class to make room for the next group of parents. The floor can become slippery when wet so please take extra care. Please bring a spare towel to stand on whilst getting dressed after swimming to avoid pools of water collecting. Please also bring a towel to hang near the pool access so you can dry yourself and your little one off as much as possible before entering the changing rooms.
DW FITNESS HAVE ASKED THAT WE REQUEST NO MOBILE PHONES OR CAMERAS ARE TO BE USED IN THE CHANGING ROOMS OR POOLSIDE. THANK YOU
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks use a section of this pool. It remains open to members during the classes but it is not a busy pool.
Access: Please go to the health club reception on arrival and say you’re here for Puddle Ducks. You will be directed to the changing rooms, from where you gain pool access. Spectators may watch the classes on the TV screen in the café. Please do not consume your own food and drinks though.
- Pool Temperature: Approx. 30°C. Younger children and babies may need a baby warmer.
- Poolside Assistant: There is no poolside assistant at this pool
- Depth: 1.2 throughout
- Maximum Class Ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers and Dippers)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers, so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
There is a café located at the club so it is an ideal place to meet Puddle Ducks friends before or after the class.
The Fun Run, Goole. With a separate toddler play frame for the under 4's and plenty of touchy feely sensory toys to stimulate your toddlers, there are also messy play days, craft activities and toddler time. (Enjoy 2 for 1 entry with your Puddle Ducks loyalty card. See more information on our partner page.)
Other Local Attractions:
- DW Fitness is situated within the Three Lakes Retail Park for a spot of shopping before or after your class.
- There are plenty of restaurants such as Frankie and Benny’s for when you have worked up an appetite.
- Selby Superbowl is located right next door to the Three Lakes Retail Park and offers Tenpin Bowling, Kub Karting and a Laser Zone if you have the energy after swimming!