All you need to know – Hilltop School
Larch Road, Maltby, Rotherham S66 8AZ
IMPORTANT: Please read this STAYING SAFE AT HILLTOP SCHOOL POOL document and watch the video above BEFORE attending your first lesson. It details all the procedures we have in place at your pool related to staying safe during COVID-19
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Hilltop School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Hilltop School
Parking: Parking is limited to on-street parking only. It is very busy with cars parked close to the school on Larch Road so you may need to park up to a 2-3 minute walk away. Please park with consideration to local residents.
- For Weekend classes: Please enter the pool building directly via the main car park (yellow door/window). Please call the number on the sign if door is not open and poolside assistant will come and open the door.
- WE REGRET THAT AT THE PRESENT TIME SPECTATORS ARE NOT PERMITTED. ONLY ONE ADULT PER CHILD WHO IS SWIMMING PLEASE.
- Customers need to remove shoes on entering changing area
- A well-fitting (tight) neoprene swim nappy or costume – available to purchase from the Puddle Ducks shop, must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly
Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath until the child is dry
Procedures to follow post-Covid: We have put together some information to help you when swimming at Hilltop School. This includes arrival, changing and departure procedures. Please click here to read the pool information. PLEASE NOTE: As we have a record of who is attending our lessons through our booking system and registers we are able to track and trace should we need to. We will have the NHS QR Code available to scan on your phone too.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during hire times
Changing Rooms: There are 6 separate changing areas, including 2 curtained off areas each with a padded bed suitable for changing babies on. Alternatively, use one of the smaller rooms and change on the benches ensuring you bring a changing mat. There is also another small room poolside that can be used for changing.
- Pool temperature: 34°- 36 degrees C
- Pool dimensions: 10m x 5m
- Depth: 1.0m throughout
- Maximum Class Ratio: 9 Children/Adult pairs:1 teacher
- Poolside Assistant: Yes at weekends
Helping you to make your special time last even longer … that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference:
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the classes with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Kiddiwinx Play Cafe Unit 5, Fields End Business Park, Davey Rd, Rotherham, S63 0JF
Closest Play Park:
Magna Outdoor Play Park, Sheffield Road, Rotherham, S60 1DX or Clifton Park, Clifton Lane, Rotherham, S65 2AA
Closest Soft Play:
Treasure Island, Sandbach Way, Hellaby Industrial Estate, Rotherham, S66 8QL