All you need to know - Ivy House Private Pool
Littlefield Lane, Marshchapel, Lincs, DN36 5TJ
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Ivy House – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you will find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Ivy House
Parking: There is no parking available at the pool or on roads within the village centre.
PLEASE PARK IN THE WHITE HORSE PUB CAR PARK OR IN KOSTAS GREEK TAVERNA CAR PARK. BOTH ARE LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 5 MINS WALK FROM THE POOL ON THE MAIN ROAD THROUGH THE VILLAGE. ONCE YOU'VE PARKED, TURN LEFT OUT OF THE CAR PARK AND TAKE YOUR FIRST LEFT ONTO LITTLEFIELD LANE. THE HOUSE IS IN FRONT OF YOU TO THE LEFT OF THE CONVENIENCE STORE
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside spectators are permitted here at any time. Outdoor shoes must be removed in the porch and left on the shoe racks provided. Spectators must also remove shoes.
- Please refrain from eating messy snacks in the changing areas so we can keep them as clean as possible.
- Please refrain from using talcum powder as this can cause problems with the pool chemicals
- Please take all nappies home with you. There are no facilities for commercial waste disposal.
- The property has a septic tank so please refrain from flushing anything except toilet paper down the toilet.
- Please have a pre-swim shower (adults and little ones) before entering the pool to keep the water as clean as possible
- Please can we ask that talcum powder is not used prior to or after swimming.
- A play pen is provided to keep little ones safe whilst changing.
- One small changing room is provided with access from poolside and another changing area segregated by screens is provided poolside. Separate male changing can be made available if required. Please ask on arrival.
- There are some changing tables provided, however we do recommend you bring a changing mat to change baby safely on the floor or for use on the changing tables. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE BABIES UNATTENDED ON THE CHANGING TABLES. We recommend not changing babies on benches.
- No lockers are provided so we recommend you leave valuables at home
- Our classes can get busy so please be courteous to other parents. Please leave your belongings to one side and/or hung up to make way for other customers. Please try not to arrive more than 15 mins before the start of your lesson and to vacate the changing area as quickly as possible after your class to make room for the next group of parents (again 15 mins afterwards if possible)
- We ask that the changing areas are made available for others arriving whilst lessons are happening.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire.
Access: Pool access is directly from the footpath alongside the garden at the property. PLEASE CLOSE THE DOOR AFTER YOU HAVE ENTERED THE BUILDING TO AVOID LETTING HEAT OUT. The poolside assistant will take a register and answer any queries.
- Pool Temperature: 30 degrees C. Warmers are recommended for babies under 12 months old.
- Poolside Assistant: There is a poolside assistant at this pool
- Depth: 0.75m - 1.7 m. The pool will be roped off at 1.4m
- Maximum Class Ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
From Grimsby and other areas from the north
Follow the A16 south towards Louth
Turn left onto the B1201 towards North Thoresby, follow the road towards Marshchapel.
Once in Marshchapel IVy House is on Littlefield Lane which is on your right.
Ivy House is straight in front (to the left of the local convenience store) through the gates.
The pool is down the path on the left hand side as you come through the gates
From Louth and other areas to the south
Follow the A16 north towards Grimsby
Turn right onto the B1201 towards North Thoresby, follow the road towards Marshchapel.
Follow the directions as above