All you need to know – Hallmark Bournemouth Carlton
East Overcliff, Grove Road, Bournemouth BH1 3DN
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Hallmark Bournemouth Carlton – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Hallmark Bournemouth Carlton
Parking: ENTER YOUR CAR REGISTRATION DETAILS AT THE LEISURE CLUB RECEPTION for free parking for the duration of your lesson and ensure you do not get a parking ticket. Access to parking is first right on Grove Road when turning from Meyrick Road.
- Go to the Leisure Club reception desk and let the staff know you are there for a Puddle Ducks class
- Input your car registration details on the screen by Leisure Club Reception to get free parking for the duration of your lesson
- Poolside Assistant will be on hand to direct you to changing area.
- Ensure you come poolside in time for your class - approx. 2 minutes before it is due to start.
- No outdoor shoes allowed poolside – overshoes are provided.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there is a shower poolside
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- There are no nappy bins at this venue so please take your nappy home with you.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
Changing rooms: All female changing to take place in screened off area close to poolside. Male changing to take place in Leisure Club changing rooms.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have a roped off area during hire.
Access: Limited space for spectators to sit poolside.
- Pool temperature: 32°C
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 1.1m throughout
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers, Dippers)
- 4 children: 1 teacher (Level 1 and 2)
- 8 children: 1 teacher (Level 3, 4, 5, 6)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Bournemouth beach is just a stone’s throw away from the hotel, however there are some lovely parks a short distance away. There is a water-play area a short walk away at Bournemouth Pier Approach. Central Gardens in Bournemouth has wooden adventure style play equipment, interactive play sculpture and planting, play house, slide, nest swing, climbing frame with cargo nets and a cableway/zip-line and sand pit, plus café, toilets and good access to town centre. Boscombe Chine Gardens has a basket swing, see-saw, water play, seasonal café and mini golf.
You are welcome to stay and enjoy a drink and snack at the hotel bar upstairs, alternatively there are a great choice of cafés a short distance away in Bournemouth.
Other Local Attractions
In the summer months it may be possible to stay at the hotel and enjoy the outdoor pool after your class for a small fee. Please ask Leisure Club staff for information on the day.
Bournemouth Beach – a short walk along Meyrick Road will take you to the East Cliff Zig Zag which offers direct access to the beach
Oceanarium, Pier Approach, Bournemouth BH2 5AA Oceanarium
If you need to contact us, here’s your local Puddle Ducks office details:
Call us on 01202 674676
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org