Blue Wave Hydrotherapy Pool, MARGATE
Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons available
All you need to know about Blue Wave Hydrotherapy Pool: A Margate based large, warm hydrotherapy swimming pool from which we run our Baby & Pre-School lessons. Weekend and midweek classes here are suitable for babies from birth and toddlers. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at the Blue Wave Hydrotherapy Pool! Sign-up to swimming lessons at Blue Wave Hydrotherapy Pool!
Location: Blue Wave Complex, Victoria Road, Margate, Kent, CT9 1NA
Parking & Directions: Free onsite parking - there is also free parking on the road if the car park is full. There is a café onsite where food and drink is available.
If approaching from Margate, follow the B2055 down Union Crescent and Addington Road. At the Junction, turn right onto Victoria Road. Blue Wave complex is on the left.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool. Nappy bags are provided by your Puddle Ducks Teacher, if needed.
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside Assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant.
- Pool Temp: 32-34°C.
- Pool Dimensions: 12.5m by 6m.
- Depth: 1.1m - 1.4m.
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 10 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
Pool accessibility: There is a very slight ramp to get into the building, and the changing rooms are on the same level as the pool. This pool has a freeboard, and there are integrated steps into the water. There are separate disabled changing facilities, and seating poolside for spectators.
Spectators: There is space poolside for family and friends to watch these classes.
Changing Rooms: There are lots of large, individual changing cubicles as well as lockers.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Blue Wave Hydrotherapy Pool! Book your space now!