Kent & Canterbury Hospital, CANTERBURY
Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons available
All you need to know about Kent & Canterbury Hospital: A Canterbury based warm, hydrotherapy swimming pool within the physiotherapy unit at the hospital, from which we run our Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons. Midweek classes here are suitable for babies from birth and toddlers. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Kent & Canterbury Hydrotherapy Pool! Sign-up to swimming lessons at Kent and Canterbury hospital!
Location: Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG.
Parking & Directions: There is pay parking at the Kent and Canterbury Hospital. There is also on street parking around the hospital on residential streets, such as Ethelbert Road, which is free. The hydrotherapy pool is located in the physiotherapy department.
From Canterbury, follow Old Dover Road out of Canterbury. The hospital is well sign-posted, turn right onto Ethelburt Road.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool. Nappy bags are provided by your Puddle Ducks Teacher, if needed.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside Assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant.
- Pool Temp: 34°C - 35°C.
- Pool Dimensions: 5m by 4m.
- Depth: 1.1 metres stepped to 1.3 metres.
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 6 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
Pool accessibility: The access in and out of the venue is flat, however this pool is a tank pool with a freeboard, which is entered via integrated steps. Please note that whilst there is room poolside for spectators, there are no seats. All changing facilities are wheelchair accessible.
Spectators: There is space poolside for family and friends to watch these classes.
Changing Rooms: Separate, individual changing cubicles available.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Kent & Canterbury Hospital! Book your space now!