QEQM Margate Hospital, Margate
Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons available
All you need to know about the QEQM Margate Hospital: A Margate based warm, hydrotherapy swimming pool within the physiotherapy unit at the hospital, from which we run our Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons. Midweek classes here are suitable for babies from birth and toddlers. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at QEQM Hospital, Margate! Sign-up to swimming lessons at QEQM Hospital, Margate!
Location: St Peters Road, Margate, Kent, CT9 4AN
Parking & Directions: Follow the A254 Ramsgate Road until the QEQM Hospital is on your left hand side. There is pay parking at the QEQM Hospital. There is also on street parking around the hospital on residential streets which is free. The hydrotherapy pool is located in the physiotherapy department. The best entrance to use is the Ramsgate Road entrance and walk through the hospital.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool. Nappy bags are provided by your Puddle Ducks Teacher, if needed.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside Assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant.
- Pool Temp: 34°C - 35°C.
- Pool Dimensions: 4.6m by 3.96m.
- Depth: 1.1m stepped to 1.35m.
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 6 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
Pool accessibility: You can access the pool without having to use any ramps or steps. The access from the car park, right the way through is flat. The changing rooms are on the same level as the pool. The pool is a tank pool, and can be accessed via steps with hand rails on both sides. There is seating poolside. One of the changing rooms is much larger than the others, and can easily be accessed by wheelchair users.
Spectators: There is space poolside for family and friends to watch these classes.
Changing Rooms: There are two single changing rooms as well as a large changing room where buggies and pushchairs must be left. There is also space poolside for customers to change their children too.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at the QEQM Margate Hospital! Book your space now!