The Wyvern School, Ashford
Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons available
All you need to know about The Wyvern School: An Ashford based warm, hydrotherapy swimming pool within The Wyvern School, from which we run our Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons. Midweek classes here are suitable for babies from birth, toddlers and children up to the age of 3 years old. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Wyvern School! Sign-up to swimming lessons at The Wyvern School!
Location: Located in a hydrotherapy pool within The Wyvern School itself.
Parking & Directions: There is free parking on-site. Please note, you are not permitted to enter the school grounds and car park until at least 3:45pm and must leave by 7:15pm at the latest.
The Wyvern School is just off the Great Chart Bypass (where Chart Road meets Brookfield Road at the roundabout by Matalan). As you enter the main car park, the Rainbow Centre is to your left and The Wyvern School is to your right. If you turn to the right and continue past The Wyvern School, there is an overflow car park behind the School too, should you need it.
Entrance to the hydrotherapy pool is through a side door on the corner of the school (next to where the road bends round behind the school). This access means customers do not need to walk through the whole school to access the hydrotherapy pool.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool. Nappy bags are provided by your Puddle Ducks Teacher, if needed.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside Assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant.
- Pool Temp: 34°C - 35°C.
- Pool Dimensions: 4m by 3.5m.
- Depth: 1.3m.
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 5 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
- Spectators: There is space poolside for family and friends to watch these classes.
Pool accessibility: Outside access into the venue and poolside is completely flat and the changing facilities are on the same level as the pool. This is a deck level pool with integrated steps, with handrail, into the water. The main changing facilities include a disabled toilet. There are no grab rails on the walls, except by the toilet. There is seating poolside.
Changing Rooms: Two communal changing areas are available.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at The Wyvern School! Book your space now!