Upton Junior School, Broadstairs
Baby & Pre-School & Swim Academy swimming lessons available
All you need to know about Upton Junior School: A Broadstairs based swimming pool from which we run our Baby & Pre-School and Swim Academy swimming classes. Weekend classes here are suitable for babies from birth and children up to the age of 10 years old, as well as Aquanatal classes for Mums-to-be, too. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Upton Junior School, Broadstairs!
Location: Edge End Road, Broadstairs, Kent. CT10 2AH
Approaching from Margate, take the A255 and stay on this road for around 3 miles. At the roundabout, take the second exit and then turn right onto Edge End Road.
From Ramsgate, leave the B2054 towards Albion Place and turn right onto A255. As the roundabout, take the second exit and then turn left onto Gladstone Road. Keep right to stay on this road after 0.2 of a mile. Turn left onto A255 St Peters Road, and then immediately left onto Edge End Road.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool. Nappy bags are provided by your Puddle Ducks Teacher, if needed.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside Assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant.
- Pool Temp: 28°C - 29°C.
- Pool Dimensions: 25m by 10m.
- Depth: 1m - 1.8m.
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 10 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
- Max Swim Academy Class Ratios: 4 children: 1 teacher or 8 children: 2 Teachers (Levels 1 and 2). 8 children: 1 Teacher or 12 children: 2 Teachers (Levels 3 and 4).
- Max Aquanatal Class Ratios: 20 Mums-to-be: 1 teacher.
Pool accessibility: The access to get into this venue is flat, and the changing facilities are on the same level as the pool. Please note that the doorway between pool area and changing facilities has a thick door frame which creates a lip. This pool has a freeboard and is entered and exited via ladders into the pool. There is seating poolside.
Spectators: There is space for family and friends to watch these classes.
Changing Rooms: Large separate male and female changing rooms. Direct access to the pool from the changing rooms.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of this large pool during lesson times.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones on you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Upton Junior School!