Westlands Primary School, Sittingbourne
Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons available
All you need to know about Westlands Primary School: A Sittingbourne based warm, swimming pool we run our Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons from. Midweek classes here are suitable for babies from birth, toddlers and children up to the age of 5 years old. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Westlands Primary School!
Location: Westlands Primary School, Homewood Avenue, Sittingbourne.
Parking & Directions: If arriving before 4pm, please park on the road and walk in the school gates. If you arrive after 4pm, you may drive into the school grounds through the 'staff parking entrance'. Once inside the school gates, turn immediately left and park here. Once parked, walk with the school buildings to your left (the road should be on your right) and follow the paved driveway around the side of the building. This will then turn into a path – go through the gates and continue to follow the path round keeping the buildings to your left. The pool hall is on your left through a wooden gate almost immediately after going through the blue gate on the path.
Please enter the pool through the doors marked. Please do not try and access the pool through the main school entrance. The Poolside Assistant will be in the pool hall and happy to answer any of your questions on arrival.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool. Nappy bags are provided by your Puddle Ducks Teacher, if needed.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside Assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant.
- Pool Temp: 29°C - 30°C. It is recommended children wear bodywarmers/sunsuits at this pool.
- Pool Dimensions: 15m by 4.5m.
- Depth: 0.9m graduating to 1.1m.
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 10 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
Spectators: There is space poolside for family and friends to watch these classes.
Changing Rooms: One changing room for females and another for males with direct access to pool. One disabled toilet poolside too.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Westlands Primary School!