All you need to know - Acorns Health and Leisure Club
Copthorne Road, Copthorne, Crawley, RH10 3SQ
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Acorns Health and Leisure Club – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Acorns Health and Leisure
Parking: Free parking
- Please go to Leisure reception on arrival to sign in / mark the register, you will need a card for the locker
- Please do not come onto poolside any sooner than 5 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher. We only have access to the sectioned area of the pool, the rest of the pool is for member’s only
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there are showers in the changing rooms
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
- Creche is available
Changing rooms: Large male and female changing rooms with toilets, showers a play pen and plenty of room for baby changing. Changing mats are provided. A padlock is required to secure the locker at this venue. Please bring one with you. Separate bins are provided for all used nappies. Please only use these bins to dispose of your nappies. We recommend that you bring a changing mat so that you have a dry comfortable surface to change your baby.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have a designated area of the pool during lessons.
Access: Use main entrance from car park. For health and safety reasons we cannot allow any spectators poolside. Please do not bring pushchairs as there is nowhere to store them, car seat carriers are okay.
- Pool temperature: 30 -31 degrees (for babies under 12 weeks a wetsuit or Babywarma is recommended
- Depth: 1.4m consistently. Please note due to the depth of pool customers must be at least 5'4"or above and confident in the water to attend classes
- Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs to 1 teacher
Poolside assistant: Poolside assistant not present but CCTV camera links to reception.
- From Crawley: Take Brewer Rd to Southgate Ave/A2004
Follow Hawth Ave to Copthorne Rd/A2220 in Copthorne
- From Horley: Take Brighton Rd/A23, London Rd and Airport Way to M23 in West Sussex
Continue on M23. Drive to Copthorne Rd/A2220 in Copthorne
Helping you to make your special time last even longer….that’s the Puddle Ducks difference.
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest Play Parks:
- Tilgate Park, Crawley
- Wyeval Garden Centre, Crawley. Soft play
- Tulleys Farm, Crawley. Park and animals for children, full service cafe
Closest Cafe: Acorns Health and Leisure Cafe, Copthorne serving food, hot drinks and soft drinks