All you need to know – Sports Direct Fitness Cheltenham
Tewkesbury Road, Uckington, Cheltenham, GL51 0SJ
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Sports Direct– in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Sports Direct Fitness, Cheltenham
Parking: Free in the Club car park. Please ensure you park in a marked space, avoiding disabled places and blocking fire exits.
- The Club is near Aldi, just off the Tewksbury Road
- We suggest that babies under 6 months wear a wetsuit
- If older children feel the cold, an Eskeez thermal top is a great purchase as these do not add buoyancy
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Please shower before entering the pool
Changing Rooms: Male and female good size rooms with lockers. There is a designated changing area for Puddle Ducks swimmers in the ladies changing, at the far end. Please try to use this space where possible. Please note you will need to buy a padlock from Reception (£4) at your first session, or you can bring your own
For safety reasons we do not recommend you change babies / children on the benches.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks use a roped off area, approximately 2/3rds of the pool. Pool size 20m x 7m
Access: Pushchairs and car seats can be bought in to the Club, but must be left in the old crèche room and not bought into the changing rooms
- Pool temperature: 29 °C
- Depth: 1.2m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher (Kickers, Little Dippers & Dippers)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers, so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest café: Just accross the main road in Gallagher Retail Park there is a Costa Coffee.
Closest play parks:
- George Readings Way play park, off Princess Elizabeth Way
- Pittville Park is about 10 minutes drive, off Evesham Road - there is also a café at this park
Closest soft play: The Play Farm is located in The Brewery complex, opposite the NCP car park.
Other local attractions: Montpellier Gardens are close to Cheltenham town centre