All you need to know – DW Fitness Gloucester
St Oswalds Retail Park Gloucester GL1 2TE
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at DW Fitness – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: DW Fitness Gloucester
Parking: Free in the large retail park car park, with parent and child parking further down towards Argos. Maximum parking time is 3 hours.
- If using Sat Nav, it’s best to use the postcode for Mothercare (next door) to find this pool - GL1 2SR.
- Enter the DW building and take the door on your right to the Leisure Club. There will be a Puddle Ducks sign outside so you know that you are in the right place.
- You will need to sign in at reception. They have a copy of the register so will be expecting you.
- You will need a £1 coin for the lockers
- Please shower before entering the pool
- Please take all nappies home with you - the Club is very strict on this
- When attending classes, please note Puddle Ducks customers are not permitted to use the swimming pool prior to class, unless you are a DW Member. (If you are please email us your membership number to receive 10% off of your fees.)
- We suggest that babies under 6 months wear a wetsuit
- If older children feel the cold, an Eskeez thermal top is a great purchase as these do not add buoyancy
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- In the female changing rooms, there is designated Puddle Ducks area. This will be clearly signposted and it is essential you change in this area.
- For safety reasons we do not recommend you change babies / children on the benches.
- There is no designated area in the men’s, however you may wish to use the family/disabled changing if this is free.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have a large roped off area of the pool whilst club members have access the remainder of the pool
- Unfortunately, due to Club rules, we cannot allow spectators in this pool
- Please wait in the changing room until your class is about to start (when you see the class before leave, unless you are in the first session) so that we do not contravene the no spectators rule
- For Swim Academy classes we will run a rota whereby parents get to be the ‘poolside spotter’ – this way you will get to see your child’s swimming a few weeks each term
- Unfortunately, we cannot allow photographs to be taken at this pool. This is a Club rule which we must adhere to.
- Pool temperature: 29 – 30°C
- Poolside assistant: We have Poolside Assistants at this pool (Sophie, Milly, Clare, Leanne and Jenna) who are happy to help and answer any questions you may have
- Depth: 1.2m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
- 8 children: 2 teachers or 4 children : 1 teacher (Swim Academy – Levels 1 & 2)
- 8 children: 1 teachers or 10 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy – Levels 3, 4, 5 & 6)
- 15 ladies: 1 teacher (Aquanatal)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
There is a café in the Club which you are welcome to use before or after classes.
Closest play park:
There is a play park cross the road from Costa Coffee
Other local attractions:
• The Warehouse Climbing Centre (near The Quays on Parliament Street) - this venue also has a café
• The Waterways Museum at Gloucester Docks
• Gloucester Cathedral is in Gloucester city centre