All you need to know – DW Fitness Gloucester
St Oswalds Retail Park Gloucester GL1 2TE
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at DW Fitness – please be aware that in accordance with current COVID restrictions and law some of the rules regarding changing, procedures and spectators will have changed. Up to date information will be emailed to you upon booking. Please ask if you'd like it sent through prior to booking a place.
Location: DW Fitness Gloucester
Parking: Free in the large retail park car park, with parent and child parking further down towards Argos. Maximum parking time is 3 hours.
- If using Sat Nav, it’s best to use the postcode for Mothercare (next door) to find this pool - GL1 2SR.
- Enter the DW building and take the door on your right to the Leisure Club.
- You will need to sign in at reception. They have a copy of the register so will be expecting you.
- You will need a £1 coin for the lockers
- Please shower before entering the pool
- Please take all nappies home with you - the Club is very strict on this
- When attending classes, please note Puddle Ducks customers are not permitted to use the swimming pool prior to class, unless you are a DW Member. (If you are please email us your membership number to receive 10% off of your fees.)
- We suggest that babies under 6 months wear a wetsuit
- If older children feel the cold, an Eskeez thermal top is a great purchase as these do not add buoyancy
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All Swim Academy Children are encouraged to wear swim hats in the pool. You will be given a hat at your first lesson. For information, you can view our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- See Swim Academy Pool Procedure below.
- In the female changing rooms, there is designated Puddle Ducks area for preschool lessons. This will be clearly signposted and it is essential you change in this area.
- For safety reasons we do not recommend you change babies / children on the benches.
- There is a large male changing room but no designated changing area.
- Club rules state children over 8 years must change in the changing room appropriate to their sex. If you are bringing a child you cannot change with, you can use the family change room (both enter via respective changing rooms and the family door is on the right hand side for ladies, and left for men). Once in the changing room you can lock the door. Children must then leave via their appropriate changing room but you can meet them poolside to check they have arrived safely. There is a toilet in this changing room. If the family room is busy and you are not happy for your child to change alone in the main changing room, you can arrange to meet your child back out in the entrance and wait for a few minutes before changing again.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks preschool lessons have a large roped off area of the pool whilst club members have access the remainder of the pool. Swim Academy use a wide lane on the far side of the pool.
- Unfortunately, due to Club rules, we cannot allow spectators in this pool
- Please wait in the changing room until your class is about to start (when you see the class before leave, unless you are in the first session) so that we do not contravene the no spectators rule
- Unfortunately, we cannot allow photographs to be taken at this pool. This is a Club rule which we must adhere to.
Swim Academy Pool Procedure (no spectators):
- Make sure your child has been to the toilet before class.
- Wait in changing rooms with your child until the lesson is about to start.
- Come back to change room entrance at end of class so that teachers can see your child is returned to you.
- A parent rota is available which enables you to watch lessons occasionally. This also enables you to go to the café to collect another parent if a child does need the toilet during their class.
- Parent rota is laminated and on pool wall outside ladies change rooms. Add your name to any dates you want to be poolside – be mindful others will want to watch.
- Rota will be monitored by teachers – if someone can’t get a slot the office will contact to rearrange spectating sessions.
- If you are not happy for your child to go to the toilet alone during class let teachers know. If no one has volunteered for rota, children will be sent to the toilets alone unless instructed otherwise.
- Children are parents responsibility once leave poolside.
- Pool temperature: 29 – 30°C
- Poolside assistant: We have Poolside Assistants at this pool during preschool lessons who are happy to help and answer any questions you may have.
- Depth: 1.2m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
- 8 children: 2 teachers or 4 children : 1 teacher (Swim Academy – Levels 1 & 2)
- 8 children: 1 teachers or 10 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy – Levels 3, 4, 5 & 6)
- 15 ladies: 1 teacher (Aquanatal)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
There is a drinks machine in the Club which you are welcome to use before or after classes, alternatively Costa coffee is a short walk across the car park.
Closest play park:
There is a play park cross the road from Costa Coffee
Other local attractions:
• The Warehouse Climbing Centre (near The Quays on Parliament Street) - this venue also has a café
• The Waterways Museum at Gloucester Docks
• Gloucester Cathedral is in Gloucester city centre