All you need to know – The National Star College
Ullenwood, Cheltenham, GL53 9QU
** New 4.30pm Splashers class and 5pm Floaties classes starting Saturday 29th April **
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at The National Star College – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: The National Star College
Parking: There is a large free car park at the college. Please do not park in the disabled bays. If the main car park is full (this is very rare!), there is an over flow car park – continue past the main car park towards the college and there is an entrance on the right hand side (ask at Reception if unsure).
- Please follow the path to the main reception, where you will be required to sign in and collect a security control pass (this will be needed to access buildings)
- Please return the pass when you leave the college via reception
- To go to the pool, exit the reception via the Bistro (you will need to use your pass to open the double doors). Go down the steps opposite, or if you have a push chair, go to the left and follow the path to the slope alternative. Follow the green line down to the left and to the pool building. The changing rooms are opposite the entrance to the building
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- The changing rooms are family style, so you can all go in together!
- Please remove your shoes just inside the changing rooms, by the bench
- Use a cubicle to change, and then place your belongings in one of the open lockers so other customers can use the cubicle. There are larger cubicles in the first part of the changing rooms which are best for the pre-school swimmers and some smaller ones to the rear which are ideal for Swim Academy, as parents are not getting changed too!
- Bring any valuables with you to the poolside
- Please shower before entering the pool
- Please take all nappies home with you or use the yellow bins provided
- Spectators are welcome to sit on the benches by the side of the pool. Please use the blue overshoes provided at the entrance to the changing rooms or remove shoes
- We have a buggy park next to the toilets inside the changing rooms. Please collapse your buggy to ensure there is enough space for everyone
- Pool temperature: 32°C
- Our Poolside Assistant, Hannah, will be able to help you and answer any questions you may have
- Depth: 0.9 – 1.45m – gradual sloping (pre-school area max depth 1.2m)
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher (preschool)
- 8 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy – Beginners, Dabblers, Intermediate)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest café: The Air Balloon Pub is child friendly and serves refreshments and meals. The pub is situated off the Crickley Hill roundabout at Birdlip.
Closest play park: Crickley Hill Country Park is less than 5 minutes drive away