All you need to know – Archway School
Archway School Sports Centre
48 Pagenhill Estate
There are parking spaces on site outside the Sports Centre. Do not follow satnav to the school car park.
- Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the 7.5m x 20m pool space for their Swim Academy lessons.
- Pool temperature here is 29-30 degrees
- The pool slopes from 0.9m - 2.1m. Children will need to be able to stand in 0.9m.
- No food to be eaten in the changing rooms
- All Swim Academy children must wear swim hats in the pool. You will be given one on your first lesson. You can find our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories in our online shop.
- Our online shop stocks a fantastic kids swimwear collection plus super useful bags, towels, changing mats and much, much more!
We are not able to allow any additional people at your class, other than your child and the one adult who’ll accompany them. Unfortunately this does include siblings.
Please do not arrive any earlier than 10 minutes before your lesson starts. This should give you enough time to get poolside and prevents lots of people from waiting around unnecessarily and overcrowding in the changing areas.
Entering the building
Please park outside the sports centre and follow the path around the building. The pool is located 2 minutes from the sports centre reception. Keep following the road / path, through the undercover seating area, past the conservation area and the pool building is at the top of the steps. A Puddle Ducks A Frame will be visible outside the pool building so that you know you're heading in the right direction.
Enter the pool building via the changing room appropriate to your gender not your child's. If your child is over 8 they may be asked to change in their gender appropriate changing room and enter that way and meet you poolside.
Your child should arrive swim-ready at the venue i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks on underneath your clothes. This ensures changing rooms are as uncrowded as possible.
We advise that you bring easy, comfortable clothing for your child – items like onesies might be easiest for children to get changed quickly and keep them warm.
Entering the pool area
Once ready please make your way poolside. There will be some chairs for the accompanying adults. Please wait for the teachers instruction before allowing your child to enter the water.
You can find lots of additional useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.