All you need to know – Royal Maritime Club
Queen Street, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 3HS.
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the Royal Maritime Club in Portsmouth – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Royal Maritime Club
Parking: Some free parking available in front of, and to the side of the club. Alternatively if you park in the Historic Dockyard directly opposite you can take your ticket to the reception where they will stamp it so you received half price parking.
- Please check in at the leisure club reception on the left of the entrance and sign the register
- Buggies and prams can be taken downstairs to the leisure club and left outside the changing rooms – staff will direct you to the leisure club for your first lesson
- Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your class to avoid congestion in the changing rooms
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher.
- Please do not enter the jacuzzi before your class.
- Strictly no eating or smoking by the pool or in the changing rooms
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
- Please take your nappies home
- The pool is 1.3m deep, so only suitable for customers who are 5’1” and over – please contact the office if you have any concerns.
Changing rooms: There are two changing rooms with showers for males and females with a changing table.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the leisure club for the duration of our lessons.
Access: Spectators may sit poolside. Shoes should be removed or shoe covers should be worn.
- Pool temperature: 30 - 32°C.
- Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant but staff from the Royal Maritime Club are nearby at all times.
- Depth: 1.3m throughout
- Maximum class ratios: 6 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
There is a café area upstairs that Puddle Ducks customers are welcome to use. You are also just a 5 minute walk away from the many shops and cafes in Gunwharf Quays.