Where can I take my baby swimming near Bromley Cross? – Birtenshaw School.
Birtenshaw School, Darwen Road, Bolton, BL7 9AB
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Birtenshaw School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Birtenshaw School
Parking: There is plenty of free parking available.
- Customers are required to wear a mask in the pool building except for during their lesson.
- On arrival please make yourself known to the poolside assistant who will mark the register on your behalf.
- Please arrive swim ready and come straight through to poolside where you will be allocated a space to leave your things and to wait until called into the pool by the teacher.
- No spectators allowed until further notice due to social distancing
- The two changing rooms have space for up to 4 parent and child pairs at once. (3 in the main area and 1 in the disabled shower room) If more than 4 are needed the other customers are asked to wait until a space becomes available.
- Showers are not currently in use.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
- The gate requires a 4 digit code to gain entry. Please contact the office Mon-Fri 9.30-3pm to obtain the code
Changing rooms: There are two changing rooms for males and females.
Pool temperature: 34-35°C.
Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers and Dippers)
Mobile phones in changing rooms
Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you and to take photos in Splash Time (if you are careful not to include other children/parents from the class unless you have their permission), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates. (Please check the current government guidelines.)
Birtenshaw School is close to the village of Bromley Cross, we would like to recommend Earthlings café as a lovely place to meet after the lesson. You can find more information on their Facebook page
Birtenshaw School is also close to Turton Tower which boasts a Victorian tearoom and an adventure play area for children.