All you need to know – Birtenshaw School
Birtenshaw, Darwen Road, Bolton, BL7 9AB
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Birtenshaw School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Birtenshaw School - http://www.birtenshaw.org.uk/contact/
Parking: There is plenty free parking available.
- Please go to reception on arrival to sign in / mark the register
- Please do not come onto poolside any sooner than 5 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside
- Please do not bring more than one spectator with you to the class
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there are showers in the changing rooms
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
- The gate requires a 4 digit code to gain entry. Please contact the office Mon-Fri 9.30-3pm to obtain the code
Changing rooms: There are two changing rooms with showers for males and females. You will need a £1 coin for the lockers.
Pool temperature: 32°C.
Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers & Little Dippers)
Mobile phones in changing rooms
Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you and to take photos in Splash Time (if you are careful not to include other children/parents from the class unless you have their permission), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Birtenshaw School is close to the village of Bromley Cross, we would like to recommend Earthlings café as a lovely place to meet after the lesson. You can find more information on their Facebook page
Birtenshaw School is also close to Turton Tower which boasts a Victorian tearoom and an adventure play area for children.