Where can my child learn to swim in Bury?– Bury Grammar School. LESSONS RESUME SATURDAY 5th SEPTEMBER
Bridge Rd, Bury BL9 0HH
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Bury Grammar School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Bury Grammar School
Parking: There is ample parking at the school.
- After parking, walk back through the barrier and turn left. The pool is on right hand side and the poolside assistant will mark your child off on the register
- Please arrive swim ready and go straight through to the pool room on arrival.
- You will be allocated a space to leave your clothing etc and to wait in until called into the pool by the teacher
- Please avoid bringing in pushchairs and car seats into the changing rooms. Please take off any footwear before entering poolside
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there are showers in the changing rooms
- Parents will be in the water with level 1 & level 2 children until guidance changes
- Please exit the pool room at the back of the pool hall
- Please don't park on Bridge Road as t is monitored by parking attendants
Changing rooms: There are two large changing rooms with social distance markings for use after lessons
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use
Access: Spectators can sit comfortably at the poolside. There is seating available.
- Pool temperature: 29.8°C. Wetsuits are recommended for baby’s under the age of 1 year
- Poolside assistant: There isn't a poolside assistant at the moment
- Depth: 0.9m graduating to 2m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
Mobile phones in changing rooms
Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you and to take photos in Splash Time (if you are careful not to include other children/parents from the class unless you have their permission), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Costa Coffee at The Rock in Bury
Closest soft play
Boomerang soft and multi sensory play centre is a short drive away. Unit 2, Woodhill Street, Bury, BL8 1AT.