All you need to know – Shaw Hill Golf Club
Shaw Hill, Chorley PR6 7PP
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Shaw Hill Golf Club – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Shaw Hill Golf Club
Parking: There is lots of free parking at the golf club.
- Please go to reception on arrival to sign in / mark the register
- Please do not come onto poolside any sooner than 5 minutes before your class to avoid congestion and try not to bring in car seats and push chairs where possible
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there are showers in the changing rooms
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
- Under no circumstances can the leisure facilities be used by parents/guardians at any time. If parents
wish to use these then they must purchase Shaw Hill club membership.
- Please limit parents to one parent on pool side watching the lessons
- Please refrain from standing up around the pool, there is seating available at both ends. Sitting down has less distraction for the children and it is less obstructive to members. Do not stand around the Jacuzzi or obstruct the steam room entrance
- Please do not bring any food on poolside
- Please do not bring prams/ buggies on poolside - this is a hygiene issue
- Always remove outdoor shoes or ask for shoe covers on poolside
Changing rooms: There are two changing rooms with showers for males and females.
Access: Spectators can sit comfortably at the poolside. There is seating available.
- Pool temperature: 30°C. Wetsuits are recommended for baby’s under the age of 1 year
- Poolside assistant: We have a poolside assistant at all Baby and Pre-school classes.
- Depth: 1m sloping to 1.6m a rope is used at 1.4m
- Pool dimensions: 7m x 4m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
Mobile phones in changing rooms
Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you and to take photos in Splash Time (if you are careful not to include other children/parents from the class unless you have their permission), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Shaw Hill Golf Club benefits from a café on site.
Closest soft play
Puddle Town Pirates, Canal Mill, Botany Brow, Chorley, Lancashire PR6 9AF
Other local attractions
Astley Park, Chorley PR7 1XA