All you need to know – Delamere Forest School
Blakemere Lane, Norley, Cheshire WA6 6NP
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Delamere Forest School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Delamere Forest School Swimming Pool, situated in the old school grounds, Blakemere Lane.
Parking: There is a small school car park. (please see the pool directions for more details)
- During the colder months the car park and footpath can become extremely slippery, even when gritted so please be very careful
- You will be asked to have a shower before entering the pool
- Siblings who aren’t swimming must be supervised in the pool building at all times, the pool do not allow Puddle Ducks access to the grass area outside the pool
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.
Changing facilities: There are separate changing rooms for males and females and we operate a strict Male/Female changing room policy for Swim Academy customers. This means:
- Female Changing rooms - All mums should go in here. No dads. Any child under the age of 8 can go into this changing room accompanied by their mum.
- Male Changing rooms - All dads should go in here. No mums. Any child under the age of 8 can go into this changing room.
- Children aged 8 and over are to change in their own sex changing room. This may mean meeting their parent on poolside if they are accompanied by a parent of the opposite sex.
There is a separate cubicle at all pools if anybody is uncomfortable with these arrangements.
Poolside assistant: During pre-school classes (excluding Dabblers) there is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant who will be happy to answer any of your questions on arrival.
- Pool temperature: 30-31°C.
- Depth: 0.9m graduating to 1.6m (roped off beyond 1.4m depth).
- Maximum class ratios:
- Baby & Pre-school classes (excluding Dabblers): 9 children:1 teacher.
- Dabblers and Swim Academy classes: 8 children:2 teachers.
- Elite Swim Academy: 12 children:1 or 2 teachers.
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference.
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Blakemere Craft Centre, with soft play, adventure play area, cafes and shops about 10 minutes away in Sandiway.
The Hollies Farm Shop on the A49, lovely for lunch, coffee and shopping.
The Carrier’s Inn at Hatchmere is open from 12pm and a great choice for lunch – a favourite with our Floaties classes.
Other local attractions:
Delamere Visitor Centre has a café and bike hire.