All you need to know – Sandbach Boys’ School Pool.
Sandbach Boys’ School, Crewe Road, Sandbach, Cheshire CW11 3NS
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the Sandbach Boys’ School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Sandbach Boys' School, Sandbach
Parking: Please park carefully either in front of the school buildings in the main car park or near the pool. The pool is to the left of the school buildings and to the right of the all-weather pitches. Disabled parking bays are found near to the pool – only disabled badge holders will be allowed to park here.
- Enter the left of the building via the signposted entrance to the pool spectator area. Please close the door behind you and remove your shoes here (there is a shoe rack against the wall at the far end)
- The school operates a 5mph speed limit
- There are give way markings on the ‘corner’ by the tennis courts
- Do not park in the ‘no parking’ yellow zone by the pool as this blocks the way for pedestrians and also emergency vehicles
- Please observe any directions from any member of school staff at all times
- There is an ‘in’ and ‘out’ entrance and exit points next to the yellow bollards as you enter the side car park
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times (four classes run simultaneously).
Changing rooms: Changing rooms are accessed from the poolside. Male & female changing including individual cubicles.
Children over 8 need to use their own gender changing rooms, Mums can accompany girls in the male changing room. However, there will be adults changing in the female changing rooms so Dads cannot accompany over 8 girls. Boys over 8 who would like more privacy can use the cubicle within the changing room but please don’t leave any belongings inside.
Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant.
- Pool temperature: 29-30°C
- Depth: Shallow end: 0.9m-1.2m (Beginners & Intermediate classes). Deep end: 1.2-3m (Development & Advanced classes).
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
There is a lovely park in Sandbach next to the library, it has a great play park - for pre-school and school age children. There’s also a football pitch and outdoor gym.
There are lots of cafes and places for dinner in Sandbach.
Other local attractions:
Wheelock Hall Farm has an outdoor play area, animals to feed inside and outside. They have a large farm shop which also sells gifts and toys. They also have a large café for coffee or lunch.