All you need to know – Hellesdon High School
187 Middletons Lane, Norwich, NR6 5SB
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Hellesdon High School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Hellesdon High School
Parking: Free Parking in the school car park
- Please note that our Floaties classes at this venue have a minimum age limit of 12 weeks, or over 12lbs/5.5 kilos.
- Please do not arrive earlier than 10 minutes before your class. Whilst waiting outside the pool building please form a socially distanced queue. Our Poolside Assistant will then grant you access to the building.
- Please ensure that you and any spectators wear a face covering for the duration of your visit (unless you are exempt). Face coverings should be worn at all times inside the building, apart from when you are in the pool enjoying your lesson.
- Spectators are not permitted at this venue.
- We recommend that you bring a changing mat to assist with changing your child.
- Please ensure that you take your nappy home with you.
- Outdoor shoes are not permitted on poolside.
- WARNING: Please don’t use benches for changing your baby – they are raised and there is a real danger of babies rolling off and causing serious injury. We advise that you bring along a changing mat from home to use to change your baby at floor level.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy (or one of our environmentally friendly nappy wraps & liners underneath) if your child is in Floaties, Splashers, Kickers or in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire time.
Changing rooms: Where possible arrive 'swim ready' for your class i.e with your swim wear under your clothes. You will be required to change poolside prior to your lesson, however, the use of our changing rooms will be permitted after your class.
If you need any assistance at all, our poolside assistant is there to help you and your child so please don’t hesitate to ask.
- Pool temperature: 29-30°C. For children in our Floaties and Splashers classes thermal wear MUST be worn in the form of a Baby Wrap, Baby/Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top. For children in Kickers and Little Dippers thermal wear is recommended.
- Maximum class ratios: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher.
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Bramleys Cafe and Cakery at Hellesdon Barns serves some delicious cakes and lunches.