All you need to know – Hethersett VC Primary School
22 Queen's Road, Hethersett, Norwich, NR9 3DB
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Hethersett VC Primary School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Hethersett VC Primary School
Parking: Parking is temporarily on the roadside whilst building works take place at the school
- Please do not arrive earlier than 10 minutes before your class. Whilst waiting outside the pool building please form a socially distanced queue. Our Poolside Assistant will then grant you access to the building.
- Please ensure that you wear a face covering for the duration of your visit (unless you are exempt). Face coverings should be worn as soon as you enter the school grounds (from the pathway leading to the school). Face coverings should then continue to be worn at all times apart from when you are in the pool enjoying your lesson.
- Please make use of the hand sanitizer provided.
- Please remain socially distant from others throughout your visit.
- Spectators are not permitted at this venue at this time.
- We recommend that you bring a changing mat to assist with changing your child.
- Please ensure that you take your nappy home with you.
- Outdoor shoes are not permitted in the changing rooms or on poolside - please leave them in the foyer.
- WARNING: Please don’t use benches for changing your baby – they are raised and there is a real danger of babies rolling off and causing serious injury. We advise that you bring along a changing mat from home to use to change your baby at floor level.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy (or one of our environmentally friendly nappy wraps & liners underneath) if your child is in Floaties, Splashers, Kickers or in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire time.
Changing rooms: Where possible arrive 'swim ready' for your class i.e with your swim wear under your clothes. You will be required to change poolside prior to your lesson, however, the use of our changing rooms will be permitted after your class. Please note that in order to maintain social distancing there may be a short wait before you can use the changing rooms (depending on customer numbers on the day).
If you need any assistance at all, our poolside assistant is there to help you and your child so please don’t hesitate to ask.
- Pool temperature: 30°C. For children in our Floaties and Splashers classes thermal MUST be worn in the form of a Baby Wrap or Baby/Mini Wetsuit.
- Maximum class ratios: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher.