All you need to know –Benfield School Sports Centre
Benfield Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 4NU
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Benfield School Sports Centre – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Benfield School
Parking: Free parking on the Sports Centre site. Please use the Sports Centre entrance and car park rather than the school.
- Spectators are not allowed to sit poolside at this venue but there is a viewing area so that you can watch the classes
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Changing rooms: There are 2 large separate communal changing rooms for male and female swimmers and carers.. When you are in the pool, please be courteous to our other customers and place your belongings to one side in the changing room so that another family can use the room while you are swimming.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire.
Access: Please enter the pool building through the automatic doors. At the weekend the reception won’t be manned so please go through the second set of doors to access the changing area.
- Pool temperature: 29°C
- Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 1.0m – 3.0m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children:2 teachers (Swim Academy)
- Up to 20 ladies: 1 teacher (Aquanatal)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Iris Brickfield Play Park is close by which has a pond and wetland area and 2 small playparks
Baobab café is a good option nearby. Address is 413 Chillingham Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 5QX
New Adventurelands soft play is also a popular choice