All you need to know – Crowne Plaza Newcastle
Hawthorn Square, Stephenson Quarter, Forth Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 3SA
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Crowne Plaza Newcastle – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Crowne Plaza
Parking: Cars should be parked in the Stephenson Quarter multi storey car park on Forth Bank. Access to the pool is on level 10. Parking charges are £1.30 for an hour and £2.50 for two hours.
- When you arrive for your class, please go to the Leisure Club reception on the lower ground floor. Buggies and car seats should be stored at the disabled refuge point
- Spectators are not allowed at this venue but you are welcome to wait in the cafe
- Please ensure that you take your nappy home with you
- WARNING: Please don’t use benches for changing your baby – they are raised and there is a real danger of babies rolling off and causing serious injury. We advise that you bring along a changing mat from home to use to change your baby at floor level
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are separate communal changing areas for both male and female carers.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of this pool during our hire times.
- Pool temperature 29-30°C. For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top will be needed. These can be purchased from our online shop
- Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 1.2m throughout
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Pre-school)
- 19 ladies:1 teacher (Aquanatal)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Crowne Plaza is in Newcastle City Centre so there are lots of options
Leazes Park and garden and fishing Lake is one of our favourites.
Crowne Plaza is in Newcastle City Centre, so there are lots of options including an onsite café at the hotel