All you need to know – Dryden School
Shotley Gardens, Gateshead, NE9 5UR
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Dryden School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Dryden School
Parking: Limited parking is available in the school car park and also in the Dryden Centre. If these car parks are both full, then please park in the surrounding residential streets. Please keep hold of your child’s hand at all times in the car park.
- Please be aware that Dryden school do not allow spectators due to their Health and Safety regulations so please only one carer per child (unless exceptional circumstances in which case please let us know). It is not possible for additional carers to wait in reception for safeguarding reasons.
- Please ensure that you use the nappy bins provided in some of the changing areas for disposal of nappies, or take your nappy home with you
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- WARNING: Please don’t use the school’s beds or benches for changing your baby – they are raised and there is a real danger of babies rolling off and causing serious injury. We advise that you bring along a changing mat from home to use to change your baby at floor level
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Changing rooms: There is a large communal changing area which will be split into two by using curtains and clearly labelled for male and female carers. There is also a smaller baby changing room.
Our classes are busy and the changing area has limited space so please be courteous to other parents and don’t leave your belongings on seats or changing tables when you are in the pool
Please try to vacate the changing area as quickly as possible after your class to make room for the next group of parents. This is particularly important if you attend the last class of a Puddle Ducks session as the pool is very well utilised and turnover is tight before the next session. If you are in the last class and need to feed your baby after class, please use the parents’ room where possible so the next group can get access to the pool.
If you need any assistance at all, our poolside assistant is there to help you and your child so please don’t hesitate to ask.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire.
Access: Please use the main entrance and sign in at reception. Our poolside assistant will come to reception 15 minutes before the start of each class to take you down to the pool so please make sure you are not later than this. If you find that you are late, our poolside assistant will come back and check but you may find that you have to wait. If you run in 5-10 minutes before the start of your class, please ask one of the reception staff to escort you down.
- Pool temperature: 34°C warm hydro temperature so no need for a baby warmer
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant to assist you
- Depth: 0.9m graduating to 1.1m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Pre-school classes)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
The lovely Saltwell Park is nearby.
The Nest is a friendly and family run café nearby.