All you need to know – Durham Trinity School Pool
Durham Trinity School & Sports College, Dunholme Close, Aykley Heads Durham, DH1 5WB
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Durham Trinity School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Durham Trinity School
Parking: Please park in the school’s main car park which is clearly signposted down the hill.
- The school pool is located at the Aykley Heads site. Follow signs for the Aykley Heads Police Head Quarters and you shouldn’t miss the school – it is a brand new blue and white building on the left hand side
- Spectators are allowed to watch poolside at this venue but please be aware that space is limited
- Please ensure that you use the nappy bins provided in some of the changing areas for disposal of nappies, or take your nappy home with you
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- WARNING: Please don’t use the school’s beds or benches for changing your baby – they are raised and there is a real danger of babies rolling off and causing serious injury. We advise that you bring along a changing mat from home to use to change your baby at floor level
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are two communal changing areas for male and female carers which will be clearly labelled. There is also an additional changing room which can be used at busy times
Our classes are busy and the changing area has limited space so please be courteous to other parents and don’t leave your belongings on seats or changing tables when you are in the pool
Please try to vacate the changing area as quickly as possible after your class to make room for the next group of parents. This is particularly important if you attend the last class of a Puddle Ducks session as the pool is very well utilised and turnover is tight before the next session. If you are in the last class and need to feed your baby after class, please use the parents’ room where possible so the next group can get access to the pool.
If you need any assistance at all, our poolside assistant is there to help you and your child so please don’t hesitate to ask.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire.
Access: The pool is in the basement of the school. The pool entrance is through the green gate in the corner of the car park. From the car park level you will see our Puddle Ducks A-Frame next to the Fire Exit where you will enter the building. Please enter the building using that entrance. Follow the corridor down past the pool and take the first left where the changing rooms are. We will clearly label them as male and female.
On a Wednesday for our classes the outer door has to remain closed so our poolside assistant will let you in and out of the building.
- Pool temperature: 32°C Warm hydro temperature so no need for a baby warmer
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant to assist you
- Depth: 1.0m throughout
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Pre-school classes)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Adventure Valley is great for a visit or even a whole day out.
Trinity School is situated in central Durham, so there are lots of options.
Flat White Cafe is one of our favourites.