All you need to know – DW Fitness Byker
Newcastle Shopping Park, Shields Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 1DR
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at DW Byker – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: DW Fitness Byker
Parking: Free parking onsite.
- DW Fitness has a no spectator policy so unfortunately you will not be allowed to bring any spectators on to the poolside
- Please ensure that you take your nappy home with you
- If your child is over 8 years they must change in their own gender changing room
Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you and to take photos in Splash Time (if you are careful not to include other children/parents from the class unless you have their permission), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are large changing areas for both male and female carers with lockers available to store your belongings
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have a laned off area of the pool during our classes. Members still have access and will be using the rest of the pool during our hire times.
- Pool temperature 28-29C. For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top will be needed. These can be purchased from our online shop
- Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 1.2m throughout
- Maximum class ratios: 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Leazes Park and garden and fishing lake is close by.
There is a coffee shop onsite at DW Fitness Byker if you want refreshment before or after your class.