All you need to know – Hadrian School
Bertram Crescent, Pendower, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE15 6PY
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Hadrian School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Hadrian School
Parking: Free parking is available in the school car park. Please note that the car park is very busy at 3.15 when the school children are leaving so if you arrive for your class at this time you may have to park in the overflow car park on the grass or in the surrounding streets.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there is a shower poolside
- Spectators are allowed to sit poolside at this venue
- Please ensure that you use the nappy bins provided in some of the changing areas for disposal of nappies, or take your nappy home with you
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Changing rooms: There are 3 communal changing rooms, 2 have direct access to the poolside. One will be clearly marked for male carers. There is no poolside assistant at this venue but you will see the code to access the changing areas on a board between the 2 changing rooms.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire.
Access: Please enter the school pool building through the automatic doors. If there is still a member of staff on reception, please buzz in and they will let you in. If reception is unmanned the external doors will be unlocked so let yourself in once inside the school please make your way to the pool yourself.
To get to the pool, go through the double doors, then continue to the end of the corridor and turn left. There is one large changing room for male carers and one for female carers, both with direct access to the pool.
- Pool temperature: 35°C (no need for thermal wear)
- Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 1.0m throughout
- Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Leazes Park and garden and fishing Lake is close by.
Margaret’s Café is a good option nearby. Address is 375 West Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne NE15 7NL